CASE Showcases New WX175E SR Wheeled Excavator at CONEXPO 2023
Posted on: 22 Mar 2023
As infrastructure investment strengthens and as working space on roadbuilding projects becomes more scarce, CASE Construction Equipment is re-entering the wheeled excavator market in North America.
As infrastructure investment strengthens and as working space on roadbuilding projects becomes more scarce, CASE Construction Equipment is re-entering the wheeled excavator market in North America — previewing the product line with the new WX175E SR at CONEXPO 2023.
This dynamic addition to the CASE excavator lineup features a short radius design ideal for working in metro areas and on roadside projects. The machine delivers the core values featured in the full line of CASE excavators: reliability, productivity and extremely responsive controls all in a well-balanced machine. These wheeled excavators feature powerful hydraulic performance, massive attachment flexibility for even more versatility in a highly maneuverable asset, and a premium operator experience with a large comfortable cab with automotive styling and creature comforts.
As a wheeled machine, the WX175E SR easily self-transports from site-to-site with maximum travel speeds up to 22 miles per hour.
“Jobsites are becoming tighter, transporting steel-tracked equipment relatively short distances can be challenging, and steel tracks represent a large portion of the lifetime owning and operating costs of any piece of heavy equipment,” says Diego Butzke, product manager, CASE Construction Equipment. “The new lineup of CASE wheeled excavators addresses and improves on those challenges while still delivering a full-featured excavator experience capable of both production-level hogging and more specialized use with attachments.”
The WX175E SR on display at CONEXPO weighs in at just over 44,000 pounds and operates at a rated 173 horsepower at 2,200 RPM. The short radius design allows it to work easily up against structures, existing infrastructure and along roadsides while taking up a minimal amount of space.
Key features and performance capabilities featured in the new CASE wheeled excavator lineup soon to be unleashed on the North American market include:
- A load sensing hydraulic system that allows for multi-functional operation and precise machine movements, and proportional auxiliary hydraulics that enable smooth, precise control of attachments. An optional Fine Swing control increases precision with less material spillage, and Power Boost provides an instant increase in power when needed.
- Joystick steering for easy maneuvering and enhanced productivity. The 4-wheel hydrostatic drive ensures great traction — even in rough conditions. Ride Control provides a smooth ride, increased comfort, and less material spilled from the bucket.
- Customized attachment control for 20 attachments stored in the machine display for easy access and recall.
- Engine auto-idling and shutdown that saves fuel, reduces noise, reduces engine hours and cuts exhaust emissions.
- An ECO gauge that monitors engine efficiency, helping you reduce emissions and operating costs.
- Auto-Brake that allows the work to begin immediately after stopping the machine from travel.
- An electronic reversible fan that provides automatic engine cooling while a self-cleaning mode eliminates dust and debris from the engine compartment.
- The CASE Max View camera system that provides the operator with a full 360° field of view with intelligent moving object detection technology and warning system around the machine in any weather, day or night.
“CASE wheeled excavators give roadbuilders, utilities and public works departments a powerful new resource that simplifies transportation and saves space on the jobsite — all while still delivering the quality in performance that CASE excavators are known for,” says Butzke. “These models are one more example of the CASE commitment to deliver products and solutions that solve real world problems out on the jobsite.”